For the most part, web designers are not very knowledgeable about marketing techniques. In order to promote yourself and your business, it is important to build up your credibility as a designer. Your business website is essentially your business card – the first impression you get to make on potential clients.
That is why it is important to know about the various elements to include when you design the website for your company. When you focus on these elements and not just on the aesthetic qualities of your site, you can boost your branding power as a web designer.
Here are ten web design tips that will help you create a website for your business that will impress customers and give you more credibility in the industry. When combined with the stunning look of your design, you will be sure to generate more clientele for your business.
1. Create a professional logo –
2. Include a video greeting – People like to have a face that they can associate with the brand, so think about having a professional video done and adding it to your homepage. You can keep it short – only a minute or two – and give a quick greeting and explain what you do. This will help build trust between yourself and your clients.
3. Be social – Social media is a great way to build your brand and connect with customers. You want to make it easy for them to communicate with you on various social networks, so choose a few and maintain an active presence on each of them. Include links on your website so that visitors can follow you on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
4. Include pictures of the office and employees – Customers want to know that your business is real and that it is operated by real-live people. Instead of covering your site with stock images of models, take some shots of your actual staff members. If your office staff consists of you and your dog, then add a few pictures of him as well!
5. Write a great “About Us” page – Too often, you will look at a business’ “About Us” page and it will be almost as creative and compelling as dry toast. Jazz it up! Give a little personal background information. Why did you decide to go into web design? What inspires you? Who are your heroes? Where do you see the business in 5 or 10 years?
6. Include real customer testimonials – Nobody wants to be the first one in the pool, so let your customers know that others have tried your business and were pleased with the results. Ask some of
7. Display logos for any organizations or affiliations – If you belong to your local chamber of commerce, are rated with the Better Business
8. Display what payment methods you accept – Not every business can process credit card payments, so displaying to customers that you accept them will show that you are a company with an established financial track record. Have the logos of all the credit cards you accept as well as any other payment methods, like Google checkout or PayPal.
9. List your awards and certifications – Let potential clients know what your list of achievements are along with any industry awards you may have received. Showing them that you have earned recognition and certifications in the web design field will help bolster your credibility.
10. Link your blog to your website – With your web design blog, you should be writing content that demonstrates your knowledge and expertise. This will show that you are a leader in the industry and that clients can be confident in your ability to handle any project. By linking your blog directly to your website, it will be easier for potential customers to find you online.
Supplement these great web design tips for giving your website credibility with top-notch training. Our Successful Web Designer Bootcamp will teach you everything you need to know about building your own successful web design business. You will not only learn to build and market your website, but you will also work with real clients right from the start! Enroll now in the most comprehensive Bootcamp we have ever offered!